Friday, June 28, 2013

Judah, Singer/Songwriter

Move over Taylor Swift, there's a new singer/songwriter in town.


Yesterday Judah just sang his first original composition.  I've heard him sing songs before, but never heard him make up his own lyrics, so of course I HAVE to note this major milestone.

First, a little background.  Judah loves his G.I. Joe motorcycle toy (which he sometimes mistakenly calls "B.I. Joe").  And we taught him the catchy song that goes with it--G.I. Joe, a real American hero!

Judah's been singing that little jingo all week and suddenly, yesterday added on a few lines of his own.  This is exactly how he sings it:

G.I. Joe, the real American hero,
He 'posed to see the baby
The baby 'posed to see the big boy
The big boy 'posed to see the cow
The cow 'posed to see the garbage man
The garbage man 'posed to see the fireman
The fireman 'posed to see the police

Um, yeah, we're totally ready for that Grammy nomination.

No comments: