Wednesday, December 06, 2006

eek

People who listen to me moan and groan about final exams probably think that I'm exaggerating and should just relax. And for good reason. 90% of students get between an A+ and a B (or so I've heard). But somehow, I still feel like the frog in the picture.

Maybe its because I'm too used to the not-so-gentle grading system of the UCs where you actually do fail classes when you know as little as I do about the course materials.

Or maybe its because of the pernicious lack of feedback you get in lawschool courses. With no homework, no quizzes, and no midterms, you basically have no way to gauge your understanding until you face your cursed exam. And my current profs are ones who change their exams so much from year to year that looking at old ones don't help.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also really hated how your whole grade was based on ONE thing. Way to put the pressure on! Hang in there Christina! The 20th isn't too far away!

Anonymous said...

where on earth do you find these pictures? They are so cute.

by the way, I have five pears. If you would like one, I'd be happy to share. Just give me a call when you're on campus. :-)

Anonymous said...

sure thing! gimme a call; I'll be getting ready for class at that time; I'll just go downstairs and deliver a yummy pear to you. I had one for the first time today. GOOOOOOD.

as for the song, I'm looking forward to learning it on the GIT-tar. ;-)

kony said...

haha. yes. cal grading sucks. as do law school exams. i'm right there with you, c :o)

do they grade on a curve over there? i imagine it might be a top-heavy sorta curve?

(bell curves bite!)