Sunday, December 24, 2006

New Year, New You

I don't make New Year resolutions because I don't see the point in waiting until December 31st each year to change any aspect of my life I feel worth changing.




That being said, if the end of the year should happen to coincide with recent thoughts of self-betterment, then I may as well call them New Year resolutions.




One change I've been contemplating is doing more volunteer work. Well, technically I don't volunteer at all, so I guess I should just say DOING volunteer work.



Why? Because I feel the need to seek out self-forgetfulness. I would like, just for a moment, to not think so much about my own well-being and volunteering seems to offer just such an opportunity.



I don't know. It could totally backfire.







After all, could I really forget myself when I'm doing something that is motivated by self-interest?






3 comments:

B.Amelia said...

Awesome Post!!

Merry Christmas.

Alaberi said...

I love it! LOVE it! And my favorite face is the fifth face. Hee hee hee. Merry Christmas to you and nafrica! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

happy new year! i love your quasi-resolution :)