Sunday, May 20, 2007

Travelblogue: Week 1 of 13

Monday, May 14 was a day I had nervously dreaded since January. That day I hauled some suitcases through Boston airport to board a plane and start my new Summer job in San Francisco.



Upon arriving, I visited with some of my brother's friends: Tim (medium-size guy) and Dean (bigger guy). We visited their joint-venture game store: Eudemonia



Had some dessert. Kiwi sorbet for me.



Thursday I arrived at my gorgeous and spacious office with typical floor-to-ceiling vanity windows.



With a view like this it's goodbye eyestrain! (Can you see the Golden Gate Bridge in the back? If not, you can click on the picture to enlarge it.)



Everyday so far I've had gourmet 2-hour lunches and dinner events to attend. This event was a fundraising event for the Asian Legal Aid Bureau.* A room full of Asian lawyers and politicians. Gavin Newsome was there, for whatever that's worth.




Am I nervous about impressing the firm? Sure.
Do I miss Michael a lot? Definitely.
Am I in strange and uncomfortable situations all the time? Yup.

But on a brighter note, all this discomfort has driven me into the arms of Roald Dahl's short stories for comfort. And that's not too bad of a place to be.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina!!! You're in town already?!!! I work downtown--we have to get together. I'd ask what firm you're at but I suspect it's one of those things that should be on the DL when you blog...

Alice in Wonderland said...

Yay! Let's do lunch. I'll check my schedule for this week and call you about it.

B.Amelia said...

Pretty Office. I want an office like that.

Unknown said...

sounds good! I'm excited :)

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks Beckett. Unfortunately the price of attainment to a nice office is usually succumbing to mind-numbing work for 10 hours a day, 6 days a week.

Peggy E. said...

I'm coming to SF sometime in the next week to do visa applications. Do you have time to tear yourself from the job to see me?

Alice in Wonderland said...

Of course Peg!

Alaberi said...

beautiful office! nice suit! cute pics!

I MISS YOU!!!!