Monday, May 28, 2007

Travelblogue: Week 2 of 13

Monday: Went to work for about 7 hours.
Lost my keys when I hid them to go jogging.

Tuesday: Went to work for about 7 hours.
Had a "review" with the partner that assigned me a project. Thought it went ok.
Went to a firm happy hour after work.

Wednesday: Went to work for about 7 hours.
Don't really remember much about the day, except that I had a delicious lunch (on the company dime of course, as all my lunches have been thus far) at a Mexican restaurant. Drank agua fresca with bits of choppeed up strawberries in it. Mmmm.

Thursday: Went to work for another 7 hours (This is bad. I need to get in earlier).
After work we had a Summer Associate event: A trip to MoMA to view the Picasso in America exhibit and dinner at a french bistro. Mmmm.


The exhibit was showing how Picasso influenced American artists and thus displayed more of other artist's works and less of Picasso. It was deep. Our group had a docent and she was excellent. I don't ever want to look at art again without a docent.

Friday: Went to work for almost 8 hours today! Very proud of myself for waking up a little earlier. Had another brief "review" with the partner and it went ok again. And by ok, I don't mean great, just ok.
Had a late lunch with Tammy, friend from junior high, highschool, and college! Kicked myself for forgetting to get a picture with her.
Went to parent's house for the weekend.

Saturday: Hung out with parents. They like to be physcally active so I basically spent the entire day "working out." Did exercise videos with mom. Played ping pong with dad. Then spent the evening with their kronies playing badminton.




Sunday: Saw Jenny for the first time in over a year. So happy we're both working in the Bay Area this Summer! She, like me, is leaving behind her other half on the East Coast. Went shopping for four hours after lunch. Bought only a shirt and sunglasses. Such paltry purchases means it was not a successful shopping expidition. Felt exhausted fighting the Memorial Day weekend crowds.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was great to see you Christina! We will have to get a picture next lunch ;) You're a good daughter....parents are one thing but hanging with the parents' cronies are above and beyond.