Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Will today be the day I'm raped?

Since my apartment keys were stolen yesterday I've been living in probabilities.

What are the chances that the thief knows where I live?
What are the chances that he will follow me into my apartment?
What are the chances he's waiting for me when I enter my apartment?
What are the chances that I will be raped tonight?

Tonight I did something that I've only seen on tv and I hope to God it works.

I carefully balanced a chair on its back legs and lodged it under the front door. That way if the bastard tries to get in I can at least buy myself a few seconds to grab a knife.

I would feel a lot better if I could watch the security surveillance tape and see what the actual bastard looks like. But bureaucratic red tape and working all day seems to prevent that from happening indefinitely.

Moving to a new city is hard.

No one cares about you enough to stay with you during your times of need.

4 comments:

Alaberi said...

wait--don't you live with Big Brother? What's the worry?

Well - then again - I understand. :( Can you guys change the locks?

Stay safe!!! I miss you!

Unknown said...

oh that's terrible! Where were your keys stolen? Hopefully not in the same city. I think you should change the locks too. That is scary. dude! you can crash with me if you'd like! I live in San Mateo and I have an actual sofa bed AND another new sofa which is super comfy. Seriously!

Alice in Wonderland said...

Unfortunately my keys were stolen right outside my apt door! I hid them when I went out jogging but when I came back to retrieve them they were gone.

My brother's here sometimes, but not all the time.

kony said...

omg! i saw the same exhibit 3 days earlier. wth? :)