Thursday, July 07, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth (for Moms)

Recently we chanced upon a store called Rockridge Kids and it was like stumbling into a new-mom Disneyland of delight. They sold every single cool, hipster, innovative, hard-to-find, BPA-free, but very expensive baby gadget I've ever known or imagined.

They also had a ton of fun toys which kept you entertained for quite a while. Here's you and the giant bear. You were obsessed with poking the bear's eyes.


You loved the train table. I'm afraid Thomas the Train is going to be a requisite part of your future. So much for college--Thomas and his pricey friends are going to bankrupt us!


And they even had a little shopping cart so you can practice being a future homeless bum, just like the ones that walk down our street everyday.


(Aside: Mandi--if you're reading this, I totally thought of you as I walked along all the cute shops at Rockridge and ooh-ed and aah-ed at all their vintage and handcrafted boutiques. It reminded me of the Paisley Tulip ;-) If you ever come visit, we need to go here! I can't believe I've lived in the East Bay for 2 decades and only just now discovered this gem!)

6 comments:

Mommy Lyn said...

That store is a neat place but my wallet is scared to be anywhere near it. I heard about it from our Alta Bates group early on.

Young said...

save your money for all those thomas trains you're gonna be getting in the future. i am ready to give away ryan's trains but he is still not ready to part with them yet.

Winn said...

Angelina Jolie took her kids there when Brad Pitt was in Oakland filming Moneyball.

Alice in Wonderland said...

@Lyn--Yeah, it's truly scary! We should hang out in Rockridge sometime--they have a great kid's section at the library there.

@Young--ha ha, can we have Ryan's thomas trains when he's done with them? but maybe by then Lauren will be into them! I remember Chang would always take Ryan to barnes and noble so he could play with their thomas train tables.

@Winn--Really?! Wow, I'm sad I missed that!

Alice in Wonderland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the McArthur Family said...

So glad you found it! We would have so much fun together if I LIVED there! Sigh.