Friday, March 30, 2012

Rain Rain Go Away

A month ago, the weather was oddly warm for a few days and Judah got to try out his summer gear.


Since then, it's been dark and rainy, which was something I loved as a no-baby person.  But let me tell you, lotsa rain + toddler is not a happy combo.  Judah's like a ferral dog that needs to run around outside many times a day.  Being cooped up in our small apartment is like pure torture for him.

But as if that wasn't enough, he has developed a deathly fear of umbrellas.  Don't ask me how or why, I have no idea--but the guy will FREAK out if you carry an umbrella.  And if you actually OPEN it, watch out!  He will shriek as if his life were ending.

Once Judah came with the Spouse to pick me up at the BART station and he started running away from me and crying cuz he saw I had an umbrella on me (not open, mind you, just holding it).  Spouse had left to bring the car around so it was just me and this crazy crying kid.  I swear everyone around me must've thought I was trying to kidnap him as I kept trying to grab him to keep him from running into people and garbage cans, drunk with fear.

Anyway, if you put it all together you get one pretty wet and cold mom and kid.  We HAVE to go out to let Judah stretch his legs and we can't use an umbrella.

I'm glad we don't live in Portland.

No comments: