Monday, March 19, 2012

I Think It's Time

Warning: Reading this post while eating may be hazardous to your mental health. There, you've been warned.


I think it may be time to potty-train Judah now because:

(1) His poop is finally clumpy and solid (unlike runny newborn poop) and it smells AWFUL.  I used not mind the smell but now it completely makes me gag.

(2) He's vocal about his poop, although not very accurate.  In fact, we're pretty sure he outright lies because...

(3) He absolutely hates diaper changes.  This has always been true, but now there's a new dynamic.  He will pull on his newly diapered crotch and whine "Tight!  Tight!" and it's not at all tight.  I don't think he knows what "tight" means.  He's probably trying to say that it's uncomfortable because he would like to feel the sweet freedom of air, or the gentle touch of cotton.  I don't know.  Either way, he hates when I strap a diaper on him.

So the only real question is--train on a toddler potty or on a smaller toilet seat?

I'm kinda leaning towards a small toilet seat so I don't have to wash out his poop and pee all the time.

Thoughts?

5 comments:

juheetea said...

this is just so scary. i've stil never changed a single diaper (some ppl are nice enough to babysit and change the kid's diaper - me, i babysit w/ another person who will do the work). poop scares me! i think i'd just go w/ a smaller toilet seat to avoid having to wash the toddler potty. oooh, pls let us know how this all works out for lil' J.

btw, as i was reading this post a man doing some work in the house asked me if he could borrow our guest bath - i thought he was going numero uno. oh boy, was a wrong. he must've been holding it for a while too. he looked very satisfied as he was coming out and w/ a big smile he said, "gracias". not too gracias for me!

Alice in Wonderland said...

ha ha ha, your story is so groce juhee! eeewww! this comment should have a gross warning label too, ha ha. i'll let you know how the potty adventures go. don't worry about baby poo. honestly, if you breastfeed, baby poo smells wonderful. not stinky at all. at least not to the mommy cuz it's your own 'stuff' you know?

Nan said...

I HATE toddler potties. But if you use one, use the bjorn one. Little and unobtrusive.

Good luck sister! Boys are notoriously more difficult to potty train. (Of course there are plenty of exceptions... maybe you got one of them!)

None of mine were out of diapers before they were three. Sad but true... and it wasn't for a lack of trying (creativity, incentives, etc.) One (who shall remain nameless to protect the guilty) would go hide in his room, find a pull-up and poop in it because he was scared of the potty. I found the streaks of poop from his unwiped tookus smeared on the carpet and a nice little "package" less than tidily resting in his bedroom trashcan. NICE!

Alice in Wonderland said...

ha ha ha ha, Nan you both terrify me and crack me up at the same time!

But I Do Have a Law Degree said...

I'm just now reading this... but I Have to say little potty. We use that for a few weeks, and then once he got the hang of it, went to the big potty. Be warned though, those pee guards on the little potties do NOT work! But there is one brand that has a higher guard- I think it's bjorn? That's key. Key! Good luck!