Thursday, March 29, 2012

Take a Hike Judah!

I've been snowed under by a Massive Work Project for the last 3 weeks and finally came up for air today.  I'm supposed to work 30 hours a week, but lately it's been 50+.  Argh.  Gotta love corporate law.

During it all, I've missed my little goobers a lot.  Usually I get home an hour or so before his bedtime, exhuasted, starving, and generally not in full-toddler-engagement mode.  That means spouse has really stepped up and picked up the childcare slack.  I have to give some mad props to Mr. Daddy-Daycare.  And for the hundredth time I think--how the heck do single parents do it?!

And I'm now so behind on blogging, I only have pics of what happened a month ago.

A month ago, we went hiking and Judah LOVED it.


He proved he was definitely the product of two people who love taking walks. If the spouse and I had a "couples" hobby, it would definitely be walking.  (That's me in the back--mom, hovering shadow, human coat hanger).


I was worried he would run off the trails and fondly caress the occasional poisen oak and dog poop alongside the path.  But generally he stayed on target.


Until he came to some colored flags in the dirt placed by some landscapers.  He pointed to the yellow flag and said "Yellow!" and the blue flag and said "Boo!".  I thought, wow, my baby's a genius.
 

And then he pointed to a red flag and said "Yellow!"  It would be okay if that was the only time he did it, but subsequently, he's mistaken red for yellow a lot. 

Now I think, my baby might be sort of colorblind.

No comments: