Friday, May 11, 2012

Trading Up

The spouse recently asked me what I wanted for mother's day. Hmmm, where do I begin?

Some good dessert wine...

To watch a movie in the theatre...

A lovely hike under the redwood trees...

Some serious retail therapy...

My pre-baby body back...

Heck, while we're on fantasy wishes, 8 hours of sleep...

My sanity/time for just myself...


Basically, everything I've given up ever since you were born.

I'm not gonna lie.  It is hard, HARD, giving up every last inch of brain space and self-interest to another person.  Especially a totally demanding and irrationally difficult person who does not understand the first thing about waiting, even for just a second.

I will forever divide my life into Pre-Judah and Post-Judah.  And laugh at my silly Pre-Judah naivete and innocence.  Oh silly woman who thought she could still have hobbies after the baby came.

But of course, I would give it all up again in a heartbeat.

Nothing compares to looking into your little face and realizing that all the cliches in the world about love are actually...true.

No comments: