Monday, May 28, 2012

Weekend From Hell

Last weekend the dreadful work project that I was warned about finally hit my shores.

The clients gave us instructions to start drafting Friday at 4pm.  The deadline for the first draft was Monday morning.  It was a project that would take about 35 hours, if you worked at a reasonable pace.

So let's do the math, 35 hours of work crammed over Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.  NOOOOOOO!

Thank goodness for daddy day-care.  Judah and dad had lots of bonding time over little cars.

Of course I had a panic attack at 2am on Friday and couldn't sleep the rest of the night--adrenaline coursing through my veins like I was being chased by a pack of wolves.

But working all weekend was not the worst part by a long shot.  The worst part was missing my baby.  I saw so little of him over the weekend (and so little in the subsequent week days due to continued crazy late work schedules) that he's started to get really clingy.

He'll howl if I leave the room.  He won't let his dad hold him or feed him if I'm in the room.  And, worst of all, he's completely regressed in his bedtime behavior.

For over 5 months now, we've had it VERY good.  I'd nurse him a little and then he would lean and point toward his crib and voluntarily suggest that I put him in his crib to sleep.  "Crib, sleep," he would say.  "Bye-bye," he would tell me as I lowered him in.  Every. Single. Day.  It was awesome!

But just this last week he completely changed.  As I put him in his crib he started howling "NOOOOO!  Sleeeeeeep!  Mooooooommy!" (meaning:  I want to sleep on Mommy, not in the crib by myself.)

He cried for 15 minutes until the Spouse went to comfort him and stealthily sneak him in his crib, deeply asleep.

Sigh, guess it's back to the old sleep-training drawing board for Judah!

No comments: