Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Oh yeah, did I mention...?

This is a little awkward.

So I'll just come out and say it.

Happy news--I'm pregnant!

I'm not sure why I haven't mentioned it on my blog yet but now that I'm almost done with month 5 it seems like high time for it to make an appearance.

Part of not saying anything is that pregnancy is kinda boring. Yeah, there's the awful nausea (which was 10x WORSE this time around than with Judah) and the exhaustion. But other than that...watcha gonna say?

But around month 5 things get reeeeeeeaaaaaaal interesting cuz we get to find out the gender next week! I'm not going to lie--we really really really really REALLY hope its going to be a girl this time. The spouse has ALWAYS wanted a girl and I've always wanted one of each and we're both NOT a fan of having more than 2 kids. So this is kinda it. Our last shot at a sweet baby girl.

How does Judah feel about a baby on the way?

At first I'm not sure he understood what was going on, but lately he's been exhibiting some interesting signs of comprehension.

He often tells people "Baby tummy" and points to my stomach. And he'll often plop down on the couch and say "I tired! Baby tummy." Which is a pretty accurate imitation of what I did when I was explaining why I was too tired to get up off the couch during my entire first trimester.

But last night takes the cake.

I was cuddling with him before bedtime and he said "I want see baby." So I lifted up my shirt and he giggled and said "Hug baby! I love you, baby!" and proceeded to plant kisses on my belly. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

And then he said "Baby bottle" and pretended to give a bottle to my belly and "Baby, massage" and started massaging my belly. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

But then the very next morning Mr. Hyde announces "NO BABY! I don't want baby!" and starts to kick furiously in the direction of my tummy.

Complicated feelings, this one.

4 comments:

Alaberi said...

YAYYYYYY for C and the family! And I love the story about baby J's Jekyll and Hyde reactions. ;-) You're such a good storyteller!

Portia said...

AHHH! Congratulations girl!! I am praying for a sweet little EASY baby girl!! :)

CP said...

Oh my gosh! Congrats! How did you manage to not announce sooner? so exciting!

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks ladies!

And amen Portia--your lips to God's ears!