Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's a...

I was carrying lower this time around.

I had much more severe morning sickness and nausea this time.

I did not have an explosion of acne all over me this time.

And I just had this feeling...this one is different...

But, you can't argue with the very prominant penis on the ultrasound screen!

It's another boy!!!!!!

I'm not going to lie, when I saw that boy part pop up on the screen, something in me wilted.  I instantly thought...maybe we should try again...hmmm...

If this is our last one, I'll never get to brush someone's long hair and put her in pretty little dresses, and revel in all those sweet little girl things.

But having another boy is good too, especially for Judah.  I'm excited for him to have a best bud for life (at least I hope they'll get along swimmingly).  And we'll save a ton of money on clothes and toys.  This second guy is going to live in a world of hand-me-downs.  Sorry dude.

I thought the spouse would be really disappointed (more like totally crushed) since he's been wanting a girl ever since the first baby.  But he actually took it very well and was comforting me in the end.

"Look at it this way," he said, "having a boy is great because it negates a major risk..."

"What risk?" I asked completely confused.  Was there some terrible genetic history I don't know about?

"That we'd end up with a girl that looks like me!"

Ha ha ha ha ha.  Yes.  That would be very bad.  Very very bad.  Bless his heart, my husband looks fine as a dude, but my husband in a wig?

Now that's a tough pill to swallow.

4 comments:

CP said...

Congrats!! You will love watching your two boys grow up together! Brothers are so fantastic ;) welcome to boyville.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks CP. But weren't you just a teensy bit disappointed you weren't having a girl for #2? Just a little bit...?

Nan said...

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations! I didn't even know you were pregnant! Where have I been? Sheesh. Yay! And honey, you KNOW I know how you feel. :) It doesn't mean you are not thankful for the person you DO have... it's the relationship that you might not be able to have that makes you a little sad. I completely understand. I always had to find out what I was having so that I could do my little one day of crying before the baby was born. I never wanted to cry or be disappointed in the delivery room. And yes... welcome to the MOB society! :)

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks Nan. You of all people would understand! You've captured my sentiments exactly!