Thursday, October 18, 2007

Had to be there

Last weekend I went with a group of friends to, what I like to call, the Yosemite of the East, Franconia Notch State Park in New Hampshire.

It wasn't quite peak foliage, but the scenery did not disappoint. It's hard to describe what a magical and surreal experience it was walking through the Flume Gorge (full of waterfalls). I guess you had to be there.

But here's the next best thing:



I told Michael to get his best smile ready cause we'd probably get our Christmas Card picture from this trip. These are some contenders: (Feel free to let me know which one you think should make the coveted spot.)





And this last shot I just love. The composition, the scale, it's just amazing. It's like someone just photoshopped us into a 5000 piece puzzle! (Click on photo to enlarge).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the second one, which is the close-up of you and Michael and not so much the foliage...but hey, we can see the great outdoors whenever, right? ;)

Alaberi said...

Ooh! I love ALL the photos. But I vote for the third or fourth. :)

Peggy E. said...

I like the fourth one.

Alaberi said...

okay so which one did you decide on?

kony said...

i vote for #3!!!