Monday, October 01, 2007

Respect

Shame on you ABC for not broadcasting (on the East Coast) one of the most exciting games ever in college football history this Saturday!

(Aside: Cal gets no respect on the East Coast, I'm telling you. I walk around with my Cal shirt on and people are always asking me, "What school is that? Caltech? UCLA?" No fool, it's Cal! Or as Britney would say, "It's Berkeley bitch.")

Back to the main subject: For the first time in two decades, Cal won on Duck territory and boy was it a close one!

Here is the winning play by Cal safety Marcus Ezeff. Look closely at where his feet is. That's the goal line! With the Ducks one touchdown away from tying the game, Ezeff knocked the ball out of Duck receiver Cameron Colvin's hands a hairsbreadth from the goal line with literally seconds left in the game! I think I would've had a heart attack if I saw it in real time.


This historic win puts Cal at number 3 in the nation and still number 2 in the PAC-10! Yeah baby! Be-lieve! Cal is having its best season ever and I'm hoping that when they face USC in a few weeks it will be two undefeated titans squaring-off in epic battle. Gosh I would love to be on tight-wad hill for that one.


No doubt that game will be broadcasted live on the East Coast. But that's only because USC's playing. When will Cal finally get some respect?! When it wins the national championship?

Hey, it could happen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely! I had to take the T to Fenway and watch it with the Cal Alumni club instead of watching it in the comfort of my home. Quite an exciting game! Can't wait until we beat USC and we really get some respect. After that, we'll be in the national championship limelight.

Go Bears!!!

tiptoptam said...

Ahahaha. I laughed a good two minutes over the "It's Berkeley, bitch."

Though to be fair, prior to going to Cal, I always thought it was strange that Berkeley was referred to as "Cal." But to think Cal stands for Caltech?! Pfffft!