Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pwnage #2 of 2010

And, soon after the March 26th first pwnage of the year, comes the second.

This Friday (and NOT before then), I found out I had a tight Saturday night deadline. I worked until 10pm on Friday and from 9am to 11:30pm on Saturday, and barely made it. Just barely.

So far, statistically speaking, pwnages come when I've got major plans for the weekend. The first one dropped when I was supposed to drive an hour away to celebrate my grandfather and dad's birthdays which happened to be on the same day. This second one happened when I had lined up some fantastic eating opportunities with friends and a hobby class.

I'm expecting a third pwnage soon since I've been warned that I've been put on 3 big ugly projects simultaneously. But, it wouldn't be a pwnage if you KNEW when they would hit and exactly what your crazy schedule would be. No, that would just be called "having a lot of work to do." In true pwn-like fashion, these projects are massive, but I have NO IDEA when they will happen, what schedule I'll be on, and thus, what personal plans I can or cannot keep.

That whooshing you hear is the sound of my soul being flushed down the toilet.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

That just SUCKS. I love how they tell you ahead of time that pwnage is coming. I shall keep my fingers crossed that the pwnage doesn't happen on May 1st.

Just a few more reasons to look forward to maternity leave!

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks Tam, me too! And yeah, I'd have a baby every year just to escape this!