Tuesday, January 11, 2011

148--151, Fri--Mon

We've been giving you lots of tummy time ever since your pediatrician basically said you were developmentally retarded and should be rolling over by now.

At first you hated it, but now you're getting quite good at pushing yourself up. Here's you doing a full cobra. Good job baby!


I try to motivate you by holding out your favorite image--yourself!



And of course, tummy time is always more fun (for me anyway), when you're NEKKID!




I think all this effort is really paying off because I walked into your room the other day and found you like this--halfway there to rolling over! You're so close!


In other news, you are drooling like a madman these days. You always have red drool rashes around your mouth, cheeks and chin. I try rubbing Aquafor on it, but as soon as I rub it on, you wipe it off as you snack on your fist. I wonder if it feels as uncomfortable as it looks. Poor buddy.


Lately I've been feeling a mix of the winter blues and cabin fever. It's so boring being stuck in the house with you all day, but the freezing rainy weather makes me not want to go out. Also, it's hard not having any mom-friends nearby to commiserate and socialize with. And all of this is compounded by the fact that I'm dreading the looming prospect of going back to work. I've just been feeling really blue. I guess some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug. I definitely have been feeling like the bug lately. Le sigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
I love that naked picture! hahahah