Monday, June 20, 2011

Dada Day

Every morning when I bring you into bed, you open your sleepy eyes and point to your dad and shout "Da-da!"

After months of preferring me over your dad, it's remarkable that you seem to know his "name" before mine! I have never heard you say "ma-ma" to indicate me, but every single day you happily greet your sleeping dad.


I can't wait for you to get older and realize more fully what a fun, loving, patient, and caring Dada you have. I love imagining all the great times you'll share reading, building blocks, playing ball, walking, chatting, etc. together someday soon.

I can't wait for you to realize more fully how much your Dada loves you.

2 comments:

the McArthur Family said...

Michael must melt into a puddle every morning when he hears "dada". Awwww.

Alice in Wonderland said...

ha ha, Michael hears nothing as he sleeps with his ear plugs on.