Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Of this I know

There is the way that things should be, and then there's the way that things are.


Many days I feel the gravity of knowing that things, many things, seemingly all things, are broken beyond repair, gnarled and twisted beyond straightening, and gone with the wind.

I can almost feel all of creation groaning along with the wheezing in my own chest.

The senseless destruction goes as far as my eyes can see, to the ends of the earth, and begins in the seed of my own heart--my own self. I can not part the foolishness from the fool.

Of things that are true, I know very little. But of this I know...substitution, exchange, imputation, clothing, covering, hiddeness, redemption, grace, and hope.

2 comments:

the McArthur Family said...

I find it kind of sad - no comments on this one. But - you should know, I loved it.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks Mandi :-)