Sunday, April 09, 2006

Orange you glad it's not banana?

Here's an idea for my new blog nom de plume:

Agent Nothing-Rhymes-With-Orange

How did I ever pull such a long and unwieldy name out of my arse?

Well, AGENT, comes from the fact that I feel like a secret agent, having to delete all references of my true identity from my blog...lest THEY find me.

And ORANGE is because I like oranges and fruit in general. And there was such a thing as agent orange, back in the 70's. A nod to history is always a good thing.

But I don't want to be AGENT ORANGE because that makes me sound like a toxic weapon of mass destruction, which is not a perception I want to encourage.

But there isn't a good substitute name because nothing rhymes with orange!!!!! Agent Shmorange? Agent (any other color) sounds stupid too. Agent Chartreuse? (ugh). Maybe Agent (some other fruit)...like Agent Pinapple? Agent Grapefruit? Agent Kiwi!

Love it? Hate it? "Eh, could be better. Go back to the drawing board."?

5 comments:

Alaberi said...

Why didn't you think of Agent Tangerine? OBVIOUSLY that's a better name.

;-) Obviously.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Duh. Why didn't I think of that. I did however consider briefly: Agent Naranja

Anonymous said...

how about Agent Christina? Potential snoopers might think 'Christina' is a code name, and throw them off the track. You know, like when you hide the loot in the most obvious place, which is the last place the 5-0 will look...

Will said...

Sister, you must realize that anything you post here will find its way into internet archives such as archive.org. Therefore, if you want to come up with a blog that's not traceable to you, don't post the name of it here.

Anonymous said...

This is appropos of nothing but can you believe that Bucky got voted off after that performance of Ace's?! I'm so sad. He was my favorite *sniff*