Friday, April 11, 2008

A Little Love, Finally!

Let it be duly noted that Thursday April 10th was the first beautiful day in Boston in 2008. It's been a long horrible winter since October last year so you can imagine the relief!

Though it took Boston far too long to eek out one fair afternoon, it was certainly worth waiting for: seventy degrees, sunny, and clear as a crystal.

I went jogging just to be outdoors and I smiled like an idoit the entire time. That's what happens when you taste your first drop of warmth after 6 months of bitter cold! Heck, it seemed the entire city was out jogging, walking, and lying out in the sun. An old lady in my apartment complex sat on our front steps just to eat her yogurt!

Fine days. Just another reason I'm so happy to be moving back to California in a couple months. There a nice day is nothing to blog about, but here, it's a cause celebre.

3 comments:

Alaberi said...

I know! So gorgeous, right??? :) I was out by the river this morning too... remember our walks after Admin last year??

:D Can't wait to visit you in Cali.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're coming to California Christina! We need you! It's hard to find a cynic who is somehow never a downer :)

Alice in Wonderland said...

That is so sweet Tammy! Yes, I admit I'm a pretty hardcore cynic...but with a smile!

It's so nice to be understood. :-)