Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Olympic Boob Prize

Europeans often complain about how rude and culturally ignorant Americans are.

We "stupid" Americans are so idiotic driving our gas guzzling SUVs and shopping at gigantic Walmarts that trod on quaint stores of character and charm. We apparently don't know the first thing about geography or math (or food, sex, philosophy, foreign affairs, history, ok...anything of significance really) and couldn't even tell you who the PM of the UK is. Not Tony Blair?

But I don't think any American would be rude or ignorant enough to do what this one European team did:

Ouch. For a promo-shot in anticipation of the Olympics in Beijing? Can it get any more tacky than that? How about for a reprise, showing up to a future Olympics in an African city in blackface?!

Everytime I look at it I want to laugh at how idiotic it is, but I can't because of how idiotic it is.

There's only 2 possible interpretations. Either the Spanish men's basketball team is being maliciously racist, or they are the biggest boobs on the world scene.

Take your pick.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er, was the Tony Blair's part sarcasm? xD

Just wondering, although I agree with you on the latter part of your post.

And, for the record, I don't think Americans are "rude and culturally ignorant". But, hey, I'm an Asian. What do I know? xD

Alice in Wonderland said...

Hey Applehat, love your comments.

At first I wasn't sure who you were in real-life...but now I'm pretty sure you are she of the adorable little girl Izzy, no?

And yes, the Blair part was sarcastic :-P

Anonymous said...

Eh, nope. I doubt that you know me in real life, seeing that I'm like, half the globe away. =P

Chanced upon your blog from Amelia Beckett's, actually. And since you write pretty well, I check back from time to time.

Anyway, keep writing. I love your posts. =D

Alice in Wonderland said...

Shucks, and I'm a little shocked I got you wrong! So much for instinct and intuition.