Saturday, June 26, 2010

Our Lion Judah

So...we decided to name the baby.......(drum roll please)........

Judah!

One day the spouse and I were throwing out Biblical name possibilities, Abraham, David, Zebediah (uh, no way), Isaiah, etc, and then he said, "Judah?"

And we both felt something lock into place.

We like that it's one of those unique names (does anyone know a Judah?) that doesn't sound like it's going WAY out of its way to be unique. And it's a strong name--the tribe of Judah carries the bloodline of the Kings of Israel, including THE King of Israel, Christ himself, the Lion of Judah.

And, just to add a dash of multicultural superstitious fate--the baby will be born a Leo in the Year of the Tiger. If that doesn't scream, big, power-cat, I don't know what does.

So today, my awesome friend extraordinaire, Peg, threw me a lion-safari-themed baby shower, replete with little animals everywhere.


There were the lip-smacking Lion of Judah cupcakes from Teacakes.


And the adorable jungle-animal sugar-cookies from Winnie--almost too cute to eat.


Down to the little animal-shaped pasta in the pen holders!


Some scenes from the crime:

Marianne is scandalized that baby Sydney's not wearing any pants--Don't they teach decency in nursery anymore?!


Marianne asks Mere if she's scandalized by pant-less infants and Mere's like--well, it depends...


An adorable diaper cake courtesy of Mere and Rachel. Baby Sydney is a girl after my own heart--loves shoes!


Peg pretends she didn't know I was pregnant until today.


Thanks ladies for celebrating the coming of our little lion with me!

5 comments:

Peggy E. said...

I bet Bryan is jealous. He was born in the year of the Tiger and so were my parents... he really wanted to go for the third generation of tigers. Even though CNY was a week after my due date. Instead, Isaac is an ox!

Alice in Wonderland said...

Hilarious! Isaac almost made it into the feline sign...so close, yet so far away.

Alaberi said...

that is the CUTEST baby shower EVER! And I love the whole lion theme. I can't wait to meet your little lion in August. LOVE YOU!

Tammy said...

It was a really fun baby shower and you are still the cutest preggo ever! So awesome that Judah is going to be a tiger Leo!! You're going to be raising a little alpha male :)

Alice in Wonderland said...

Can't wait to see you again Alaberi!

Tam--you're spot on. He'll prob be a bossy, assertive, aggressive little dictator--exactly like his dad! (I keed, I keed, sort of).