Monday, June 14, 2010

Pwnage #5: Oh maternity leave, how I long for you

It started Thursday. I thought I could go to Bible study in the evening, but just as I was leaving the office at 5:20pm the client sent us the draft. Perfect timing! (for ruining my plans).

I worked until 10:30 that night on the draft. The funny thing is, all throughout the day, I was forecasting to the spouse whether or not I could make it to the Bible study. The morning started with a 90% chance No :-(. Then around 4pm I realized my workload was lighter than I thought and it became 90% Yes :-)! And then at 5:20, it was 100% No. I'm more volatile than the Dow! Heck, than the market of the least stable country out there!--Greece?

Friday, I worked from 8am to 11pm.

Saturday, I ran errands all day, including taking a 7 hour birthing class. Fun. (That's sarcasm).

Sunday, I unexpectedly worked all day (after church) until 10pm. Key word being "unexpectedly."

All these surprise attacks have inspired me to write this haiku:

Little flashing light

On my blackberry causes

Me fear and nausea

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Awww, poor Christina! That is terrible. But I love your enduring sense of humor and the fact you chose to summarize this pwnage in haiku.