Wednesday, September 15, 2010

33--Tuesday

Today was a welcome reprieve.

Instead of increasing in fussiness, you've settled down even more. Today was your calmest day in a long stretch. No screaming at my boobs, no crazy evening cry-a-thon, just easy-going semi-needy behavior.


I've been racking my brain, trying to figure out why you're so calm today and so NOT calm on other days. Over-stimulation? Under-stimulation? The fact that you went outside briefly today? Maybe my milk supply is better now?

Taking care of you has really brought to sharp relief all my worst weaknesses--particularly my need for control and predictability. Because you are so unpredictable, I'm in a constant state of stress and panic. I seriously feel like I'm developing an ulcer.

But it's also a chance to practice better habits. I've been trying to focus on the positive things and little successes along the way, as my wise friend Mandi reminded me to do. An attitude of gratitude--that's the mantra I chant all day long.

2 comments:

Jeff L said...

woohoo!!! he's gettin fatter! NICE!

Gary said...

haha love his hairdo!