Thursday, September 23, 2010

40, 41--Tuesday, Wednesday

On Tuesday, I got another "baby"--one that I've been really excited about ever since I ordered it--my Amazon Kindle!

It is, in a word, AWESOME (except it doesn't come with a back light so you can't read in the dark, argh).


The first book I bought on the Kindle was Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. After reading a few chapters I got really really depressed. The author said that I was making bad associations for Judah--bouncing him around in the ergo for hours to help him sleep, letting other people hold him during his naptime, putting him to sleep by nursing him until he conks out.

Babies should learn to sleep on their own, without the use of a "human prop." This notion seemed too harsh to impose on a newborn, but now that Judah is almost 6 weeks, and almost 12 lbs, and I'm exhausted--I'm ready to try "un-propping" him.

The only question is, How?

2 comments:

Portia said...

Keep reading! She'll get you to "how." I love her stuff. We read The Baby Whisperer for Toddlers too. She makes so much SENSE!

Peggy E. said...

We also have the Baby Whisperer solves all your problems, which has more descriptions on the how, especially to remove the props.

I know that it doesn't work for all babies though, so hopefully you'll find one that suits Judah best!