Monday, September 20, 2010

37,38--Saturday, Sunday

Well, you're in the legendary "Sixth Week" now!

All the books say it's quite a milestone. You're supposed to start smiling for real now, sleeping a little longer, and my favorite--peak in fussiness.

So far, I think I've seen a hint of a real smile. You're not very fussy, except when you eat (you writhe around a lot like you have gas). And you're still not sleeping more than a couple hours at night.

On another note, I just read that you might be colicky! I used to think colic means inconsolable crying for more than 3 hours a day, but I recently read that your baby may be colicky even if he doesn't hardly cry at all! It's defined not by CRYING, but by how much SOOTHING the baby needs. In that case, you are definitely colicky! We have to soothe you all day long in the ergo or someone has to hold you constantly. We have a colicky baby?!

Here's a pic of us bringing you to church for the first time. I look like a normal person, but looks are deceiving--I was a total zombie from a night of very little sleep.

2 comments:

insaknitty said...

congratulations for surviving 6 weeks! so, yeah. isabel was colicky too. it sucks! but it'll end! eventually! you guys look great! :D

Alaberi said...

Super-cute picture of the three Chungs!!!