Friday, December 30, 2005

Mummy Dearest

I love my parents and I'm sure they love me too.

But if I weren't so sure of that fact, this previous phone conversation on my birthday might have made me question their affection.

*********************************************
Mom: Hi Honey, how are you doing?

ME: Great. I'm studying as usual. It sucks.

Mom: Awww. Well, we finally got your Christmas present in the mail today.

ME: Sheesh! It's 4 days late! Stupid post-office lady assured me it would arrive before Christmas day

Mom: Well, your dad loves it. He put it on his desk.

ME: Ummmm...Mom...don't you want to tell me something?

Mom: Hmm? Tell you what?

ME: You know...tell me something?

Mom: (silence)

ME: MOMMY!!! Isn't there something you want to TELL me, TODAY?!!!!

Mom: (long pause) OH!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Happy (belated) Birthday Christina!! I hope you enjoyed it at least a little even though it's in the middle of finals.

-Tammy

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks Tammy. But alas, my birthday will have to celebrated post-finals, like everything else in my bleak 1L life.