Tuesday, March 21, 2006

More growing up...

Life has been busy and largely uninspiring as of late.


I've been feeling like I have to put away my childish preferences and immerse myself with boring adult things, like taxes, corporations, insolvency, etc. *pop* *pop*...that's the sound of me putting my eyes out with a pencil.

I feel like the 6 o'clock child who has to put away all her toys. It's time to do your homework. It's time to do the chores. But instead of waiting just 12 hours for playtime to roll around again, I must wait 12 years? a lifetime?

I've always been taught that if you can do what you don't hate, your life is fine. You maybe can't do what you love, but at least you don't hate it. But I've always envied those people who say, "I can't believe they pay me to do my job. I love it so much, I'd do it even if they didn't pay me."

What a trip. Who says that? The few, the lucky, the really, really lucky.

2 comments:

kony said...

aw. hang in there christina. just picture ur first paycheck.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Ha! The Matrix, I love it!