Saturday, February 26, 2011

Insult to Injury

Since I'm gearing up to go back to work next week, I got all my old clothes out of storage today.

Um, why did I bother?!

NOTHING FITS!

I had no idea how big my "twins" had gotten until I started trying on my loosest blouses only to find they looked obscenely tight, with the buttons straining and threatening to pop off at any moment.

And none of my bottoms fit either. Apparently I have quite a ways to go before I regain my former glory, such as it was.

So, in the interest of saving money, I dug out a pair of black maternity slacks that I loved wearing when I was preggo. They're super comfy and still fit post-partum. Don't judge--you know you'd do it too! Right? I can't be the only one...?

I know, I know. I'm sliding down a slippery slope that can only end in scrunchies and mom jeans.

4 comments:

the McArthur Family said...

It's been 10 months and I still can't fit in my pre-pregnancy clothes. And, my tops are still obscenely tight as well...if they even button. I haven't allowed myself to buy new clothes except for one pair of dress pants - because I am promising myself someday I will fit into the pre-preg clothes. Hope all goes well at work this week! I tell you, it is hard to do, but most do it and we survive it. Make sure you treat yourself in some way these first couple days.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks Mandi--I wonder what treat I should give myself...maybe a good massage...or a fun DVD...

Yvonne said...

do i hear an excuse to go shopping together finally?! :D

Alice in Wonderland said...

LOL--Yvonne, that's the first comment you've ever made on my blog! How fitting that it's about shopping, your true gift and passion in life, ha ha. I already bought some cheapy clothes at H&M tho :-P