Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In Sickness and In Health, but mostly in Sickness

Happy Valentine's Day!

I feel like sh*t.

For the third time this month I've come down with a nasty cold.  I haven't gone to sleep without sucking on a lozenge all night long for 3 weeks straight.  I think my teeth are going to rot.

I no longer remember how to live without hacking fits every 5 minutes.  Or what a good solid night of sleep feels like.  Last night I had 2 measly hours of shut-eye as I sweated through my blankets and coughed my lungs out.  The skin under my nose feels like raw hamburger meat.

The 2 valentines in my life have been alternately giving and receiving germs to and from me all month long.  So valentine, schmalentine.

Love is someone bringing you tylenol, taking you to the doctor, getting your prescription at the pharmacy, listening (with genuine sympathy) to you complain for the 78th time that you can't breathe, and neverminding that you look like total crap.

Sorry idealistic young lovers, but Hollywood is steering you wrong.

Sweat pants and nasal decongestants. 

That is what it's all about.

No comments: