Thursday, February 16, 2012

L'chaim!

Don't call it a comeback.

Call it a revolution in the works.

That's right people, my life (and hopefully the life of my family) is about to drastically change for the better. How you may ask? Through the power of juice.

No, not steriods, a la major league baseball. Just good ol' fashioned fruit and nasty veggies.

That's right. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. After having my entire family's health collapse for the better part of this entire winter season, I feel like things have GOT to change.

So I'm jumping on the juice wagon. Gettin' my juice on. Lettin' the juice loose. Ridin' that juice caboose all the way to Amazing-Healthville, if you will.

This is big news for me because I am not a woman of action. I'm like the farthest you can get from being a woman in action. I make passive people look like hummingbirds with my amazing capacity for doing absolutely nothing for a very long time. Let's just say I will leave a dirty plate on my desk for weeks, nay, months. And when I discover my used tupperware in my old lunchbags, there are always impressive mold colonies thriving in them.

So, for me to take the initiative, figure out what kind of juicer to buy, look up juicing recipes, buy the vegetables, cut and prepare them, AND finally make the juice, all by my little self? It's huge people. Truly. I think the endtimes might be near.

Today, these are the things I blended to begin my journey toward superhuman health.


It doesn't look appetizing, but it actually went down pretty smooth.


Anywho, I'll let you know how it goes. Maybe I'll peter out. Get lazy. Taper off. Or maybe I'll report that I've never felt this alert and alive since...ever!

Funny to think that it all started by seeing a Williams Sonoma ad featuring Joe Cross and his juicing gospel (yes, fate choose his name well). Joe made a documentary of his life called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" about how juicing basically saved his horrible health. So thank you Joe and Williams Sonoma ad people.

Bottom's up!

2 comments:

insaknitty said...

haha! my coworker started juicing last month after watching that same documentary. and she is super into it. good luck to you!!

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks! Who knows how many lives Williams-Sonoma will change for the better just cuz they ran that ad, ha ha.