Saturday, February 11, 2012

Losing My Crackers

While I run the water for Judah's bath, he likes to throw in a few special ingredients of his own.

He runs to his room and grabs his drumsticks and throws them into the water.  And then he goes back to get his Bob the Builder and throws him in.  And then all his animal figurines from his Noah's ark toy.

Today, I stupidly let him run around with a bag of graham crackers while I filled up his bathtub.  I turned around and wouldn't you know it--Judah had dumped the entire bag of crackers into his tub.  I screamed.  I groaned.  I cursed (thankful that Judah could not yet repeat it).

It was the last straw to an already exhausting and frustrating day.  Since 7am in the morning, everything has been greeted with fussing and whining.  Judah, let's change your diapers--waaaah!  Judah, let's get dressed--waaaah!  Judah, eat some breakfast--Judah throws everything on the floor.  You get the idea.

On top of all that, he's been wanting to nurse non-stop.  All. Day. Long.  Seriously, he nurses more than a 3 month old.  Probably because he was just diagnosed with an ear infection, poor guy, and isn't feeling great.  But nursing him is no easy feat.  First, he needs a thousand conditions to be perfect.  He asks for his blanket, and then a book of his choice (yeah, who needs to hold a book while nursing, sheesh!), and just when we're all settled in he shouts "Other!", which means it's time to switch him to the other side and readjust everything all over again.  Frankly, he shouts "Other!" every 20 seconds.  I'm not exaggerating.

And the cherry on top is that I'm sick.  Again.  For the 3rd time in as many weeks.  ARGH.

So at the end of a loooooooooooong day of whining and nursing, I saw those soggy crackers sink to the bottom of his tub and completely lost it.  I screamed.  He screamed.  I screamed back.

Thankfully spouse removed the child from the bathroom while I removed the crackers.  Without the spouse intervening, I don't know what I would've done!

Once again, I don't know how single parents do it.

No comments: