Monday, February 06, 2012

Major Pain and General Fustard

Lest I paint too rosy a picture of life with Judah, here are a list of our major daily problems.  Roll 'em!

--Judah fights every diaper change.  EVERY FREAKING DIAPER CHANGE.  He's been doing this for a while, but he's stronger, faster, and harder to distract now.  Must I continue to look for mind-blowing objects in order to do a 60 second exchange?  Come on now!

--Judah fights putting on shirts and getting dressed in general, but especially shirts.  The boy loves to bare his chest and hates covering up.  What can I say?  Every time I slip a shirt over his head--WAAAAAAAAAH!

--He won't stop throwing food on the floor and/or spitting food out onto the floor.  He knows its wrong because I tell him 'no!' and slap his little hand.  He looks at me right before he does it--sometimes teasing me by dangling it over the edge in anticipation.  I don't think it's quite time for heavy-duty disciplining...but it sure is getting close!

--And the naps.  Oh the naps.  Or lack thereof.  He will fight. It. To. The. Death.  I once battled him for 90 minutes to get him to go down.  He screamed at the top of his lungs for pretty much the entire 90 minutes, wailing, standing up in his crib, screaming.  The boy only naps with his nanny.  And even then, he wakes up every 30 minutes and needs to be carefully assisted back to sleep--just the right amount of holding him, patting his back, fervent prayer, etc.

Wait, I just realized this list basically comprises the entire day--diaper changes, feedings, and naps.  No wonder I feel like I've fought a war at the end of every day!

2 comments:

nafrica said...

From all his military ranks, I see Judah is a highly decorated officer.

Nan said...

These are the days when we thank God that we did not have twins!