Saturday, October 02, 2010

50--Friday

You're done with another week of life! Goodbye Week 7, hello Week 8.


50 is kind of a special milestone, not just because it's a nice round number, but because I only spent 50 days with my own mom.

At just 50 days old, she boarded me onto a plane and flew me to Taiwan to be raised by my grandparents until I was 2. I missed her during my whole babyhood.

Now that I have you, I can't imagine having to make a decision like that. Although, there are days when I'm ready to ship you off to a different continent too! But seriously, how gut-wrenching if I had to miss all your baby giggles, watching you learn to crawl and stand-up, and hearing your first words.

But the saddest thing would be that, after we were reunited, you wouldn't even know that I was your mommy.

No comments: