Saturday, October 30, 2010

78, 79--Fri, Sat

You seemed to have regressed a little in these last couple days. I guess it really is 2 steps forward, 3 steps back sometimes.

Your reflux has gotten worse and you scream in agony every evening around 6pm. Thankfully, it's only for 15 minutes or so (not like when you were a newborn and screamed for hours on end). And the ergo really does a great job of calming you down--that, and your baby Zantac meds.

Last night you woke up every 2 hours to eat, which was brutal and exhausting. What the heck?! You haven't been that bad of a sleeper since you were 5 weeks old! Are you going through a growth spurt? You didn't eat that much each time though. This better not be a habit from now on!

All of this has precipitated another meltdown from me (I do that a lot, apparently). I always feel like just one fussy feeding away from breaking down in tears. I guess sleeping just 4-5 hours a day in 30-45 minute increments can do that to a person! I keep wondering--when am I ever going to feel human again?!

Here's a pic of you in a mobi wrap. Thanks to the moms at the mom group for showing me how to use this. It distributes your weight better than other baby carriers, but you're still really heavy and my shoulders were burning after 10 minutes.


And here's a pic of you sort of sitting up in the boppy. I've recently become alarmed at your slow milestone developments. You can't really lift your head and you can't really sit up with support...


as this picture clearly demonstrates.

1 comment:

the McArthur Family said...

He is so cute! I wonder if the fact that he is so big plays a roll in his being "behind" in the milestones. Maybe his little muscles haven't had a chance to catch up with all his weight and so can't physically hold that weight up yet? What does your doctor say? That is so funny - a 10 week baby and a 6 month baby meet up at same weight when one is 95% and the other is 10%. 15 pounds would feel even heavier when the baby can't hold any of it up for you and you are having to support every inch of the baby chub bub. I can see how you would be having significant pain. Also, I firmly believe sleep plays the most major role in one's emotional well-being. Once you are able to get sleep, it will make a WORLD of difference.