Tuesday, October 12, 2010

58, 59, 60--Sat, Sun, Mon

Today's entry will be stream of consciousness style since I'm too tired to organize my thoughts. Let's see...where to begin...


Naps! You've been taking some nice short 20-30 min naps in your sleeper. You wake up every once in a while, but if we rock you just right, you'll fall back asleep (this is where I do a lot of my fervent prayers--please, please, please let him go back to sleep). It doesn't always work, but it's a step in the right direction. PTL!

Food--You're still fussy when you eat, but there was one day, Saturday, you at like a calm and collected angel. I don't know what got into you to make you so peaceful (after 4 weeks of constant fuss), but it hasn't stuck around. We started giving you baby antacid meds Monday so hopefully you'll be in less discomfort.

Clothes--Yesterday you had more wardrobe changes in the span of 3 hours than Beyonce at the Grammy's. You woke up covered in pee (change 1), then spit up all over yourself (change 2), then poop leaked out of your diaper (change 3), then you spit up all over again (change 4), then had another leaky diaper (change 5)!


Development--You're talking a lot! You constantly babble and coo, even when you're eating and drifting off to sleep. You don't smile that much, but when you do, I feel like a crack addict getting a good hit--so intoxicating.

What mommy wants (well, one of the things on a long list)--I wish you would sleep longer at night! You wake up every 2-3 hours. Whatever happened to sleeping 5-6 hours?!?! It's all the more painful to nurse you at night since I have to sit up and keep you at an incline so you don't gag while you eat.


I can't believe you're 2 months old now! I thought we'd NEVER survive this far. Only 4 more weeks until you're a "real" baby and no longer a newborn. Although caring for you is still hard and exhausting, it used to be a lot worse. I remember feeling the full weight of each 24 hours. Now, it seems like time goes by in weekly chunks. Soon, maybe it will bi-weekly...

1 comment:

the McArthur Family said...

I think Judah is bigger than Micah. Judah is THRIVING! Keep up the good milk!