Tuesday, October 19, 2010

66, 67--Sun, Mon

Okay, now it feels like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.

I'm not sure what's going on but all the gains in the past few days have seemingly been erased without a trace! You won't sleep in your sleeper at all now and instead of feeding somewhat calmly, you fuss and cry when you eat. Your acid reflux is back with a vengeance (probably because we discontinued your meds) and your longest nighttime sleep stretch is only about 2.5 hours!

I guess this all may be attributed to the fact that we stopped giving you your Zantac. Why? I'm not sure. I just felt like it wasn't helping you all that much (and causing other fussy problems) and you were doing just as well (and sometimes better) without it. But now your body might be so used to the Zantac, it's over-producing acid now that we've taken you off. Truth is, I really don't know what I'm doing.

On Sunday, your dad's sister and dad came to visit. You were a good sport about ending your nap time early to get in a photo-shoot before they had to leave.


Those are some clashing stripes!


Here's a sad, horrific picture of your ear. I felt sick to my stomach when I saw this. It must have happened with your babysitter, when you were screaming and flailing around when she tried to nap you. I'm pretty upset with her now. Poor baby!

2 comments:

Gary said...

run the nanny cam tapes!

Alaberi said...

awwwww!!! Poor Judah!!! That ear does not look like it's in good shape.

C, I'm sorry it's been such an uphill battle so far. But look at your boy's beautiful smile -- doesn't that make, for just a moment, all the frustration just melt away?? He's such a precious gift. :) Love him!!! (and you!)