Thursday, October 21, 2010

68, 69, 70--Tue, Wed, Thu

Where do the days go?!

On Tuesday I was despairing because you seemed to be going backwards in development and fussiness.

On Wednesday you slept the best ever! You slept for a 5 hour stretch and then a 4 hour stretch. And you weren't such a fussy eater. But you still won't nap on your own.


Today, I went to the new mom's support group and here are the highlights:

(1) You cried the entire 20 minute car ride there and back. I thought I was going to die of stress and heartache, hearing you wail and scream your head off in the backseat. Not sure I ever want to attempt that again.

(2) The moms went around in a circle sharing but I didn't really get a chance to share since I sat near the end. I felt pretty disappointed about that. But I did manage to tell the group that I'm frustrated about your naps. The facilitator looked at me like I was crazy. She said it was ridiculous to expect babies to nap on their own during the first 14 weeks of their lives. I also said I have you on a 3 hour feeding schedule and the facilitator once again thought I was crazy--she said you should be eating every 1.5 to 2 hours.

Clearly this facilitator has never read the Baby Whisperer. But her reaction made me feel better. I felt like something was wrong with you because you weren't behaving the way the Baby Whisperer said you should. This whole time I was stressed out and kicking against the goads, trying to have you nap by yourself. Now, I think I'll just embrace the fact that you need to be held for all your naps, get some good DVDs on Netflix, and just hold you while I watch them!

And maybe I'll feed you more often too...?

It's so hard to figure out how to take care of you! Why don't you come with an instruction manual?!

In other news, you started to love looking at your mobile last week!


And you love talking to me when I lay you down flat on your back.

1 comment:

the McArthur Family said...

I love that last picture of you two. It is so sweet - he is just soaking you in.