Thursday, October 14, 2010

62, 63--Wed, Thu

Not much happened Wed, except that I successfully napped you in your sleeper 3 out of 4 times! Hallelujah!

Thursday I ventured out to a new parent's group. I left you at home with the sitter since I was deathly afraid you'd fuss too much. And I didn't know what to expect anyway. When I got there, I saw about 20 moms and babies of all ages, ranging from 1 week to 5 months. There was so much cuteness in that room!

All the ladies took turns around the circle sharing on the topic "self care." I was frankly amazed that there were 2 newborns there--7 days and 10 days. How the heck did these parents manage to get dressed, get out the door, and look normal and alert?! They acted as if everything was easy breezy. It frankly made me feel pretty inadequate--am I the only new mom that freaked out and broke down crying during those hard first weeks?

Anyway, I loved having a room full of supportive moms giving each other advice and encouragement. I'm definitely going to try to go back next week, this time with you in tow! The moms promised they'd show me how to use the mobi wrap I bought but could never figure out.

And now the pics...

Here's you getting some "sun time." Gotta give you some vitamin D.


Here's a sweet baby smile, aka, mommy's crack.


Here I am giving you your antacid meds.


Which you obviously hate.


And here's a rare sight--adult interaction for me. Thanks Tam for the AWESOME food and visit! That pumpkin pudding with caramel sauce was UNBELIEVABLE.

3 comments:

Peggy E. said...

I heart Gregoire!

Some days it's harder to get out of the house to go to the mom's groups, but I always MADE myself. I was so glad I did!

Alice in Wonderland said...

Ugh, if it's hard for you to go, imagine how hard it is for an antisocial hermit like me! Next time you visit let's get some Gregoire's. They opened a new one just a few blocks from my place on Piedmont!

Tammy said...

It was so good to see you and meet Judah! As always, hanging out with you is a breath of fresh air :)