Thursday, October 28, 2010

76, 77--Wed, Thu

I didn't have these photos before so I'm posting them now, but they really belong to the last post.

Here's a pic of you finding your fist to suck on:


And here are pics of the aftermath of your shots. They made you totally cranky and fussy for the rest of the day. I think they made your thighs really sore. You didn't even like your favorite activity--taking a walk in your stroller.


And you refused to be consoled even when I picked you up.


Wednesday was a sad blur. Not much happened except I felt really abandoned. It seems, by hook or crook, for many and sundry reasons, all your babysitters (paid and unpaid) have fallen by the wayside.

First, your grandma stopped coming because of another care-taking obligation. Then your auntie couldn't come for health reasons. Then the wonderful Mur couldn't come because of shift changes. And finally, the cherry on top, your 3x a week nanny suddenly went MIA this week. She simply stopped showing up! No explanation, no notice, no warning, no decency! We found her on Craigslist and I have half a mind to go on Craigslist to warn other parents about her unprofessionalism. So I've been scrambling this week--barely getting a 10 minute break here and there.

Today, Thursday we went to the mommy group again. I was so excited to go again and dressed you up in your Halloween outfit.

But, I was terrified that you'd be screaming your head off in the car (so heartbreaking). Thankfully though, you were quiet both ways! You even fell asleep on the way back! I wonder if it's because I turned up the music really loud. You seem to like Red Mountain Church music--good taste kid.


I shared with the group that I can't follow the EASY routine suggested by the Baby Whisperer. The group told me the Baby Whisperer is the devil and I should burn her book. Um...okay...but I still need a routine! What now?!

Also in group, you made a friend! You and baby Jack were babbling and smiling at each other the whole time. It's the first time you've interacted with another baby!



And lastly, a gratuitous photo because you're so darn cute:

3 comments:

insaknitty said...

I'm sorry to hear you got abandoned by your sitters!! :( I hope you've been managing ok despite the abandonment... I know every mother is going to give you different advice on the whole routine business, but I got a recommendation for a book called "healthy sleep habits, happy child," from a good friend, and it worked out great for us! the book recommends that you start "sleep training" after the baby is 4 months old, which is what I did. until then, isabel was a screaming, colicky mess anyway, so I was basically on survival mode until she hit the magical 4 month age. it really did work! but sadly, I have no advice for you for now, except to just suck it up and suffer. haha! (that is not meant to be an evil laugh.) it felt like an eternity when I was suffering through those first months, but we both survived and by the time isabel was 5 months old, she was on a strict routine and life was much much better. hang in there! sorry for the terrible non-advice. ;)

Alice in Wonderland said...

Thanks Insaknitty--I'll look into that book (I have it, just haven't read it much yet).

the McArthur Family said...

Christina - you are such a loving mommy, and eventually, all your selfless work is going to pay off - Judah is going to start giving back...and in God's time! Those first three months feel like an eternity! How cute is Judah - socializing...so sweet.

God's Providence is amazing and as you know, you can trust that He is taking care of your family unit and refining you all along the way. What a great Shepherd we have - you and Michael, along with Judah are His sheep. I love that idea - that we are on the same level as our children when we look to our Father in heaven.