Tuesday, November 23, 2010

102, 103--Mon, Tue

Monday I tried to ferberize your nap times. It was good and bad. First the good news.

For your morning nap, you cried for 40 minutes before dozing off. Not bad! I frankly felt like it was a miracle. Since your birth, you have never napped without assistance--holding, bouncing, rocking, etc.

For your next few naps you cried for about 2-3 minutes before sleeping. Good job baby!

The bad news is you don't stay down for too long--about 30 minutes only. I tried to make you stay down longer by leaving you to cry, but you just kept crying and crying and wouldn't stop for over 40 minutes. Here's a pic of you waking up sad from one of your crying episodes.


But after you eat, you're a happy guy again.


I decided to just let you wake up after 30 minutes since you certainly weren't going to nap after crying forever. But in the ergo, I could make you nap 1.5-2 hours pretty reliably. I wonder if you're not getting good quality sleep since you're now only taking these short catnaps? I decided to still ergo you once in a while so you'd at least sleep an hour sometimes.

Monday night you cried for 3 minutes when we put you down to sleep and then you slept great the rest of the night. Gosh, this ferberizing thing is going a thousand times better than I anticipated! I feel like we're not even "training" you since your just sleeping right through the night anyway.

Tuesday we went for another pediatrician check-up and more shots--polio and hep B. Those shots didn't sting as much as the previous so you were in a pretty good mood still for the rest of the day--thank goodness.

You are now 92nd percentile in weight (16 lbs 8oz) and 97th percentile in height (27 in) and 50th percentile in head circumference. Same as always. I wonder if you're going to grow up to be 7 feet tall?!

Oh, and one more very cute, but annoying thing--you've started to talk "on the boob." Instead of concentrating on chowing down, you'll sporadically babble and pull off and look me in the eyes and give me a big toothless grin. I don't want to encourage this behavior, but how can I not smile back at this adorable little face?

1 comment:

the McArthur Family said...

How cute that he is talking to the boob. I wonder if it's because it looks like a giant eyeball? If only we knew what our babies were saying...I'm sure it would be fascinating!