Thursday, November 18, 2010

97, 98--Wed, Thu

A lot has happened these last couple days.

Most significantly, your dad and I (mostly your dad) have decided to sleep train you! I feel really conflicted--not wanting you to cry all night, but also wanting to teach you to sleep/nap better.

Your dad has no problem having you cry and cry and cry. He says it doesn't hurt you in the least bit and you won't even remember it. I don't know.

Anyway, your sleep habits have really deteriorated in the last few weeks, so I guess it might be time...unless I want to keep waking up every 2 hours at night.

Your dad has slated this coming Sun, Mon, Tue, and Wed nights for the first big days of training. I'm totally dreading this.

And now onto happier things...

You've gotten a few new toys!

Here's you sitting in a Bumbo chair, courtesy of Peg. Got to train those sitting muscles.



Here's you playing with your little activity mat.


And you playing on your deluxe activity mat.


I try to give you tummy time everyday and you are making great strides in lifting up your head AND chest!


I have still yet to see you reach out and grasp for things, but every week it seems you make really great developmental strides.

Thursday we went to the mom's group again and stayed for lunch. You were really great and calm and for the first time ever, I pushed you around in your stroller instead of wearing you in your ergo or moby wrap. I felt like a "real" mom, collapsing your stroller in my trunk and pushing you around.

You really are a sweet, chill guy when we're out and about. You don't even care if you skip naps or meals. One mom commented on how "good natured" you seem, as her baby was wailing and fussing.

Talking to the moms at lunch, I realized that they are all rather mature--most are in the 38-40 range. No wonder they're so into attachment parenting! They've waited their whole lives for their precious bundle and have vast resources of time and money to lavish on them. I think I'd scandalize them by sharing that I'm going to ferberize you! Le scandal!

1 comment:

the McArthur Family said...

What did the mommies say about Feberizing?